Vegan/Gluten-Free Buckwheat Pancakes
Delicious and quick Vegan and Gluten-Free pancakes. Recipe adjusted from the "Vegan" recipe app.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp nut butter of choice (I use sunflower butter)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (can sub 1 tbsp of lemon juice)
- 1 cup alternative milk (I use cashew or oat milk)
- 2 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- coconut oil or vegan butter for cooking
- toppings of choice!
Mix all ingredients together in medium mixing bowl.
Pre-heat cooking pan for 1-2 minutes on high temperature.
Spray or drizzle coconut oil on cooking pan and lower temperature to medium.
For standard size pancakes pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the the pan. For small pancakes place one large spoonful of batter onto the pan. Batter makes about 6 standard size pancakes or 8 small pancakes.
Cook for 2-3 minutes or until batter begins to rise and the edges of the pancakes firm.
Flip pancakes and let sit for another 1-2 minutes. Do not overcook or pancakes will easily dry out!
Serve immediately with toppings of choice!