Let me just start by saying I do NOT like pancakes…but these guys redefined what a pancake could taste like. They’re vegan, gluten-free and still perfectly fluffy and moist! I make these at least once a week because they are just so easy and quick to make and top with whatever fresh fruit we have in the fridge that day. Hope you get a chance to give them a try and if you do leave a comment and a rating below!
SHOP the recipe
Vegan/Gluten-Free Buckwheat Pancakes
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp nut butter of choice (I use sunflower butter)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (can sub 1 tbsp of lemon juice)
- 1 cup alternative milk (I use cashew or oat milk)
- 2 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- coconut oil or vegan butter for cooking
- toppings of choice!
- Mix all ingredients together in medium mixing bowl.
- Pre-heat cooking pan for 1-2 minutes on high temperature.
- Spray or drizzle coconut oil on cooking pan and lower temperature to medium.
- For standard size pancakes pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the the pan. For small pancakes place one large spoonful of batter onto the pan. Batter makes about 6 standard size pancakes or 8 small pancakes.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until batter begins to rise and the edges of the pancakes firm.
- Flip pancakes and let sit for another 1-2 minutes. Do not overcook or pancakes will easily dry out!
- Serve immediately with toppings of choice!