I can get pretty picky when it comes to hummus. It can’t be too grainy or too chalky and don’t even try and offer me just plain ol’ chickpea hummus…
Hands down this is my favorite hummus recipe. Such an easy and quick recipe to make for a quick snack or to bring to parties!
Vegan Avocado Hummus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 can chickpeas
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
- pinch cayenne (can adjust depending on how much spice you like)
- pinch cumin (adjust according to your taste)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Blend olive oil, tahini and garlic.
- Add avocado, chickpeas, lemon juice and ice cold water. If too thick, add more water.
- Season with salt, pepper, cumin and cayenne and blend together.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to steep.
- Serve with vegetables, bread, etc!