Prosciutto Wrapped, Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates
These Prosciutto Wrapped, Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates are officially a traditional holiday recipe for me. I made them for the first time this Thanksgiving and everyone (myself included) was floored by how delicious they were. A key factor is finding super fresh, juicy dates (not dried dates). I always like to get them at our local Persian market because they are always so fresh.
Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates w/Prosciutto
- 2 8 oz packages soft goat cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1 lb pitted dates (about 25 dates)
- 3 packs thinly sliced prosciutto (about 1/2 lb)
- Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
- Partly slice dates in half and remove pits. Be sure to not cut the dates all the way through. This makes it easier to stuff with goat cheese.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly seperate the dates on the sheet.
- With a spoon, fill the dates with the goat cheese mixture. Be careful not to overfill. You want to be able to put the edges of the date closed when done.
- Wrap each date in one slice of prosciutto.
- Bake for 8 minutes then flip eat date and bake for another 8 minutes.
- Allow dates to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.