gluten-free cinnamon roll cake
I have been making this recipe non-stop for about 3 weeks now. I seriously can’t get over it. First, you would never even know it’s gluten-free eating it, and second, every single bite is like eating the middle of a cinnamon roll. However, there is significantly less sugar than in a standard cinnamon roll so you won’t feel sick after 2 bites or even an entire piece.
This is literally going to be the dish I make for every brunch, breakfast, dessert, etc for a loooooong time. If you make it, let me know your thoughts in the comments below or through a message on social media!
** Why I always link to products on Thrive Market. I purchase almost ALL of my dry or packaged products from Thrive Market for a few reasons. First, their prices are 25%-50% cheaper than purchasing them in-store. For me, that adds up to 100’s of dollars in savings.
Second, I used to buy a lot of dry products from Amazon, but I started realizing that there are many copycats and fakes on Amazon. I would never want to recommend something and then you go to purchase it on Amazon and end up not getting a legit product. I also love supporting smaller companies that are environmentally conscious and support others! Check out their About Page to learn more!
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Roll Cake
For the Cake:
- 1.5 cups gluten-free flour (see images above for my favorite!)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk (or dairy-free milk)
- 1 egg (or flax egg to make it vegan)
- 1 tsp gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter (or dairy free butter)
For the Cinnamon Swirl
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter (or dairy-free butter)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For Cinnamon Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp milk (or dairy-free milk)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees farenheight.
- Pre-butter an 8" round or square baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add gluten-free flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- In the same mixing bowl, add milk, egg, vanilla extract, and melted butter. Mix until completely incorporated.
- Pour batter into the baking pan.
- Now make the cinnamon swirl. In a small mixing bowl add brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Slowly drizzle the cinnamon swirl over the batter.
- With a knife, chopstick, or another similar tool, gently swirl the cinnamon mixture into the batter.
- Place pan in the oven and cook for 26-28 minutes (if you are using a square pan, you may need to cook for even less time. I recommend checking the cake at 23 minutes and using a wooded toothpick to check if the middle is cooked through). The cake will also be cooling inside the pan so it is okay if it is just slightly under baked when removing from the over. As it cools in the hot pan it will continue to bake.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the cinnamon glaze. Add powdered sugar, cinnamon, and milk to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Once the cake is finished baking, remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the cinnamon glaze over the cake and serve!
Can you double the recipe?
Yes! I have doubled it many times and it has always turned out great 🙂