Gluten-Free Lemon Broccolini Penne Pasta
This gluten-free, lemon broccolini penne pasta is the perfect in-between summer dish for me. I have been SO into anything with lemon on it recently and this was the perfect way to create a savory, warm dish that still had a fresh lemon-y taste to it! Click the images below for links to purchase some of the specific brands I use for this recipe.
I have to mention that the type of cheese you get for this is critical. Pre-grated parmesan WILL NOT be the same as a fresh slab of Parmigiano Reggiano. Same with the pecorino cheese. And using the two different cheeses together is just a delicious blend. I get my cheeses from Wholefoods, but I know other health food stores like Trader Joes, Sprouts, Mother’s Market, etc have a good cheese selection as well.
Gluten-Free Lemon Broccoli Penne Pasta
- 3 cups organic gluten-free penne pasta (my favorite is Jovial)
- 4 tbsp organic, grass-fed ghee (can also use grass-fed butter, a vegan substitute or olive oil)
- 2-3 cloves organic garlic, diced
- 3-4 bunches organic brocolinni, chopped
- 1/3 cup parmegiano regiano, grated (very important that the cheese is grated so it melts completely)
- 1/3 cup pecorino cheese, grated
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil to top if desired
- Begin heating water for pasta (will add pasta to boiling water once the brocolinni is cooking)
- Pre-heat a large sauce pan on medium heat.
- Place ghee in pan and allow to melt.
- Add diced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add chopped broccolini and a layer of salt and pepper and cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- While broccolini is cooking, cook pasta according to package (most gluten-free pastas only take about 8 minutes to cook). Be sure not to overcook the gluten free pasta!
- Once broccolini is softened, remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Drain pasta and add hot pasta to the saucepan with the broccolini.
- Add both cheeses to the saucepan and mix gently.
- Once the cheese has melted spoon onto plates and top with a final dash of pepper and some basil!
** Why I always link to products on Thrive Market. I purchase almost ALL of my dry or packaged products from Thrive Market for a few reasons. First, their prices are 25%-50% cheaper than purchasing them in-store. For me, that adds up to 100’s of dollars in savings.
Second, I used to buy a lot of dry products from Amazon, but I started realizing that there are many copycats and fakes on Amazon. I would never want to recommend something and then you go to purchase it on Amazon and end up not getting a legit product. I also love supporting smaller companies that are environmentally conscious and support others! Check out their About Page to learn more!