Sometimes you just need a nice fluffy waffle on a cozy morning to go with your coffee. I love these because they are just chocolate-y enough to make your taste buds dance, but not so sweet that they leave you feeling sick to your stomach afterwards. As a plus, they are full of healthy ingredients like banana, chia seeds, coconut oil and oat milk!
Shop the Ingredients!
P.S. My Favorite waffle maker
This is my absolute favorite waffle maker. Non-stick, so easy and it has an overflow catch in case the batter spills out that actually cooks the spilled batter so that there is virtually no clean up.
Vegan Spelt Cocoa Waffles
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 0.5 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 1.4 cup plant-based milk (I prefer oat milk)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup agave syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- maple syrup
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all dry ingredients together: flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla powder.
- In another bowl, mash the banana thoroughly with fork. Add plant-based milk, chia seeds, coconut oil and agave syrup and mix well. Let mixture stand for 3 minutes.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients in to one bowl and mix well. Place waffle mixture in the fridge for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Ladle into pre-heated waffle iron according to iron instructions or until crispy.
- Dress with favorite toppings and serve!